Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Marathon!!?

Here are my first ever "real" running shoes. These babies are going to take me all the way through the Utah Valley Marathon on June 11th.

I came up with the insane idea that I could run a marathon about 6 months ago. I researched training programs and realized you had to already be a runner to even imagine such things. So... I started by WALKING for 20 mins. Now, you've gotta understand, in junior high my New Years resolution was to never make another resolution ever. Strangely enough that's the only resolution I've ever kept. Goals are in the same category so needless to say, I'm scared to find out if I will actually make it. I seem to self sabotage everything. Anyone else out there do this? What am I afraid of? Why can't I let myself be successful? I even do this with my business which is INSANE because I am so lucky to have a career that I adore. Anyway, this marathon is a huge thing so I am just focusing on what I'm going to do tomorrow: break in my awesomely stylin' shoes during a 4 mile run!

No comments:

Post a Comment